The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

Employer Rejects Immigrant Man With Racist Email, Regrets It After Daughter Fires Back
in Immigration

By ale5ale5 245 Pts edited February 2018

Employer Rejects Immigrant Man With Racist Email, Regrets It After Daughter Fires Back

I would definitely fire the HR manager who send this message to the job applicant.  It's ridiculous for a few reasons:
1) It represents the employer in unprofessional way
2) It exposes the employer to a discrimination law suit
3) It's disrespectful to immigrants and non native english speakers

Apparently, this guy who speaks very little language applied for a job, and HR manager send him back an inappropriate response. Daughter posted online and multiple lawayers offered to take a lawsuit case probono. The guy and daughter declined and employer issued an apology, afraid of being suit.

Here is the debate: Does this family have a case to win monetary damages, and if so was it a mistake not to proceed with the lawsuit?  I will take position of pro.  They have clear documentation of discrimination and have a good chance of winning.  Since the offer was pro bono, why not proceed? It was a mistake not to.

Source:
https://shareably.co/immigrant-man-rude-email-job-rejection/
  1. Live Poll

Should he family proceed with the lawsuit?

8 votes
    1. Yes
      62.50%
    2. No
      37.50%
It's kind of fun to do the impossible
- Walt Disney

Could not connect: User i2483808_vf2 already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections